Friday, May 22, 2015

memorial day CDA trip

My mom asked if we would be willing to meet them half way; if she could find a place to rent for memorial day weekend. I told her that I was sure she would find something in Coeur D' Alene. I knew it would be a short trip for us. I spent the couple of days before the weekend getting ready.


My sisters always give me a hard time about the color of my nails so I made sure to do them good this time.  they say they are always the same color.

We were planning on leaving as soon as sterling got home from school. We did the best we could but it was a little later than we wanted. Carlee didn't sleep well during her nap-if at all. I got her up and put her on the couch with quincey so that I could take a short nap.  When I woke up this was what I found:


Andrew actually beat sterling home! I had most of our things packed. Andrew rearranged a few things and then we were on our way. 


While looking for books to pack I found a Richard scarry activity book. I put it in the back pocket of andrew's seat for sterling. He enjoyed working on it.



The kids did pretty well on the drive there. I set my timer for every 15 to 20 mins and they got to pick something out of snack/toy bag. I remember doing this when I went to Disneyland as a kid. It worked well. There were a few times that sterling couldn't wait for the timer to go off because he saw that quincey pulled something good from bag. 


We arrived not too long after my family did. Grandpa glen came with them too! We unpacked and then went to check out the park at the end of the street. McEuen park is one of the best parks we have been to in while. it was pretty modern. it had a large play structure and then a smaller one for the little kids. plenty of swings plus one for a handicapped child. it was all turfed. so no peddles or bark chips to get in your shoes. there was a little sand pit. also it had a splash pad. sterling had a good time getting wet and trying not to get wet with 2 other boys. carlee joined in but didn't get soaked like sterling did. quincey wanted to but by then the sun was setting and it was getting cold. it had an open field, basketball court and a dog park. it was right next to the CDA resort and docks. we walked through the park a few times a day. 

we came home, ate some dinner then went for a walk downtown to shenanigan's, a crepe/candy/toy store. the kids got ice cream, andrew and i got some truffles and chocolates and my sisters got crepes. grandpa glen bought the game mexican train. we got the kids ready for bed and into bed. we let them stay up late. well, late for them in hopes that they would sleep in.  

carlee shared a room with us. sterling and quincey shared with my sisters. they slept on the bottom bed of the bunk beds. my parents had the master suite and grandpa glen's room was down stairs. it was a good start to our vacation!

No comments: