Monday, October 17, 2011

things learned this summer

ok this list goes from this summer to present...

• Sterling is not allergic to wasp stings.


• Tractor grease does not always come out of clothes.

• Spray and wash does the dirt out of most clothes.

• Sterling’s climbing abilities improved greatly, thanks to the cat.

• Going from 70 degree to 90 degree weather is never fun. Especially when pregnant.

• Always ask if they have a prompt pay discount.

• I don’t like calling for the prompt pay discount.

• Being gone from the house for 2 weeks can cause spider webs to grow in unusual places.

• Having my in-laws come to visit still makes me nervous.

• My patience (for some things) needs work.

• Just because you (and a few other people) think your dessert deservers 1st place, doesn’t mean you will get it.

• Sterling will leave his lifejacket on….as long as the boat is moving.

• Andrew and sterling both like to eat the cookie dough.

• Sterling prefers to be barefoot, until he steps on a thistle.

• Sterling tans. (I have too. Surprise!)

• I love 5.30pm. When Andrew gets off work.

• We have snakes in our yard. Creepy, even if they are just garter snakes.

• Potty training is like cleaning. I like the end result, but don’t really like the work involved.

• My husband finds me attractive, even when I’m pregnant. (Andrew included this one)

• It’s ok that sterling wants to sleep for 12 hours and then stay awake for 12 hours.

• I still don’t like doing chores.

• Late night snacks cause heartburn and I hate cutting my eating off at 8.30pm.

• Moving heavy-ish things with one foot causes my ligaments to hurt for the rest of the day.

• I strongly dislike our back door knob.

• Which letters are bills and which are EOB’s.

• Sterling likes Strawberry Shortcake and Angelia Ballerina DVD’s. we are ok with this.

• Sterling knows when we are at Jason’s house.

• Do not go to Jason’s house if he cannot get out and play.

• It’s funny to watch Jason and Sterling play.

• I like cool weather.

• Time going to costco with lunch so sterling can eat while I shop.

• Having a knot in your neck and an active toddler do not mix.

• Frozen blueberries are really good.

• It’s a little annoying not to have your mailbox at the end of your driveway.

• There are two things I avoid doing with the lawn-picking up sticks and raking grass.

• A little pepper in molasses cookies, thanks sterling, goes un-noticed.

• What contractions 2 minutes apart are.

• What a pain med free labor feels like.

• Sterling is a BIG kid. It’s all about what or who you compare him to.

• To take a mental picture of a clean room because it might be a week before it’s that clean again.

• Flour in a quiche also goes unnoticed.

• Having 11 extra people around makes the house seem small.

• I enjoy baking way more than cooking.

2 comments:

4 flood gates said...

Way to go, Cole! Thanks for the new post. Now you just need to get some more documentation of that baby girl going on! P.S. It's ok to say if your parents coming to visit makes you nervous, too, although I hope not. And that part about the s's could have been left out, especially since I just walked on that grass!

Sammi said...

What a great list!